PRE-PRINTED LABELS VS PRINTING IN HOUSE
One of the questions many of our clients ask is whether they should purchase pre-printed labels, or invest in their own printer, labels and ribbons?
There is no right or wrong answer to this, and we can certainly help you whichever path you choose, and here are some questions to help determine which approach might be right for you.
Do give us a call to discuss your requirements in more detail - 1300 656 135
Considerations when deciding whether to pre-print;
- Number of labels needed – the more labels you need, the more cost-effective it becomes to invest in your own printer, ribbons and labels. For low volumes, it may be more efficient to go for pre-printed.
- Staff knowledge – do your team have the knowledge and experience to design and layout the labels and to set up the software ? If they only do this infrequently, and/or don’t have the time to invest in software training and usage, then outsourcing this task and having your labels pre-printed may be the best course to avoid errors
- Are your layouts likely to change frequently? If so, and you don’t want to tie up your staff with design work, this could be another reason to choose pre-printing?
- Do you use a range of different label stocks ? If so, and you do not want to invest in stock that may have a low turnover in your business, consider pre-printing
- How important is it that you can have access to the latest printer technology – if this is important to you, consider that by outsourcing, you don’t have to upgrade your own systems to get the benefits of the latest printing and ribbon products
- Do you need sequential numbering – if so, and you want to avoid the overhead of managing it yourself, pre-printing may be the answer.