As you would expect in the crucial area of patient identification, there are strict national standards for wristbands, issued by the Australian Commission for Safety and Quality in Healthcare. We have selected Zebra’s Z-Band® technology, which is 100% compliant with these standards and has the following specifications:-
- Colour - Red or White
- Size – Adult, Child, Bariatric and Infant
- Comfort - manufactured in soft comfort material
- Usability - easy to issue and fasten, one printer handles all bands, information and barcodes printed directly onto wristband, no need for label and wristband assembly.
- Patient identification - Easy to read even when exposed to soaps, gels, and sprays. Waterproof. Scannable for up to 14 days of care.
- Antimicrobial coating
- Magnetic resonance-safe
- Information Presentation - correct amount of space for Name, Date of Birth, and Medical Record number. Black text on white background
- New Technology -1 and 2D barcodes and photographs are easy to add
Red or white, 279.5mm x 25.4mm
Adult Healthcare Wristbands
Red or white, 177.8mm x 25.4mm
Paediatric / Child Healthcare Wristbands
White, 195.3mm x 25.4mm
Soft Infant / Newborn
Z-bands are printed using the Zebra HC100 custom designed healthcare wristband printer. This is a direct thermal printer which takes easy-to-load cartridges containing the wristbands, and which interfaces simply to your PAS software.
Printing is directly onto the wristband, for faster, more efficient processing. The same printer can be used for all wristband sizes, meaning that you need only one printer per admission point. The printer detects the wristband size and automatically calibrates its settings for optimal print quality.